With nearly two decades in the game under his belt, Reks is gearing up to release his twelfth studio album, T.H.I.N.G.S. (The Hunger Inside Never Gets Satisfied), on September 11th. And today, he’s kicked off the campaign with the album’s lead single, “The Complex” featuring Pharoahe Monch.
Produced by Statik Selektah, the song tackles different, but similar ills within our modern society with Monch embodying a soldier suffering from ptSD who’s ostracized by his community, while Reks outlines Big Pharma’s growth and damage.
“This song is valuable now in 2020 where we have a paradigm shift in people waking up,” Reks says of the record that Statik refers to as “not a song for the light hearted but needs to be addressed.”
Press play on “The Complex” below and keep scrolling for the artwork and tracklist–which includes contributions from Nottz, Evidence, Lil Fame, Apollo Brown, Marco Polo, Singapore Kane, and more.
Pre-orders for T.H.I.N.G.S. are available now.
- Strong. Ready. Able (prod. Jon Glass)
- T.H.I.N.G.S. (prod. NOTTZ)
- Miss Education (prod. G Whiz)
- Civilized Barbarians (prod. Evidence)
- The Complex ft. Pharoahe Monch (prod. Statik Selektah)
- Isis Daughter ft. Rayel (prod. Apollo Brown)
- Rachel Green (prod. DRUGS BEATS)
- Ego (prod. Shortfyuz)
- Brotherly Love (prod. Andre X)
- Legacy Driven (prod. Evidence)
- White House (prod. DRUGS BEATS)
- Benjamin’s Dead ft. Lil Fame & Singapore Kane (prod. DRUGS BEATS)
- Animal Kingdom (prod. Apollo Brown)
- King of The Town ft. Lucky Dice & Chi Knox (prod. Apollo Brown)
- Heartbreak, Farewell (prod. Marco Polo)
- The Wedding Song ft. C Scharp & Queen Philosophical (prod. Marco Polo)
- This Village (prod. Evidence)
- Nana & Grampy’s Song (prod. DRUGS BEATS)
- Still Dreaming (prod. Mephux)